McDonald's Corp (MCD) Global Comps Rose 1.2% in April; APMEA Up 2.9%
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Cuts Q2 Outlook
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Proposes to Acquire Depomed (DEPO) for $29.25/Share
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Hold on Valuation
- After-Hours Stock Movers 07/06: (SUNE) (AAP) (CTCT) Higher; (AMD) (SHLM) (ETRM) Lower (more...)
- Trading Reaction in Aetna (AET) and Humana (HUM) Post Deal Offers 'Strong Buying Opportunity', Leerink Partners Says
McDonald's Corp (NYSE: MCD) announced that global comparable sales increased 1.2% in April. Performance by segment was as follows:
- U.S. was flat
- Europe up 0.3%
- Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa (APMEA) up 2.9%
"We are strengthening our business plans by emphasizing customer-driven strategies," said McDonald's President and Chief Executive Officer Don Thompson. "We remain focused on delivering an outstanding restaurant experience by serving our customers their favorite McDonald's food and drinks and offering compelling value, choice and convenience to create easy, memorable experiences."
In April, U.S. comparable sales were flat as industry dynamics remained challenging. McDonald's U.S. remains focused on strengthening its appeal to customers through quality food, outstanding service and good value. During the month, the U.S. featured McDonald's popular breakfast options complemented by a McCafé coffee promotion and introduced a new premium sandwich, the Bacon Clubhouse.
Europe's comparable sales rose 0.3% in April as positive performance in the U.K. and France was mostly offset by negative results in Germany. Strong promotional performance, value menu enhancements and growth at breakfast contributed to the segment's results.
Comparable sales in APMEA increased 2.9% in April. Strong results in China, including comparison against the prior year impact from Avian influenza, and positive results in Australia and many other markets were partially offset by ongoing weakness in Japan. Convenience initiatives, enhanced value offerings and McDonald's menu variety contributed to the segment's monthly performance.
Systemwide sales for the month increased 2.5%, or 3.7% in constant currencies.
Month ended April 30,
Year-To-Date April 30,
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carnival Corp. (CCL) Granted US Approval to Begin Travel to Cuba
- 7-Eleven Will Not Renew ATM Agreement with Cardtronics (CATM) Upon Expiration
- Affymetrix (AFFX) Enters Genotype Alliance with BioRealm & RUCDR Infinite Biologics
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Corp. News, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!