GE (GE) to Seek North American Retail Finance Unit IPO in 2014
- Market Wrap: Greece Hopes Fuel Gains; Airlines Caught in Probe Over Pricing; Auto Sales Light in June
- PayPal to Acquire Xoom (XOOM) for $25/Share (EBAY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 07/01: (XOOM) (PRGS) (PKY) Higher; (WPCS) Lower (more...)
- ACE (ACE) to Acquire Chubb Corp. (CB) in $28.3B Deal
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Updates on Planned Separation of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
(Updated - November 15, 2013 9:13 AM EST) GE (NYSE GE) announced that it intends to pursue an initial public offering (IPO) of its North American Retail Finance business (Retail Finance) as a first step in a staged exit from that business. GE plans to file a registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the first quarter of 2014 and complete the IPO later in 2014. GE plans to issue up to 20% of the equity of Retail Finance in the IPO, in exchange for cash that will be used to increase the capital of the new company. GE currently intends to complete its exit from Retail Finance in 2015 through a split-off transaction, by making a tax-free distribution of its remaining interest in Retail Finance to electing GE stockholders in exchange for shares of GE’s common stock. GE may also decide to exit by selling or otherwise distributing or disposing of all or a portion of its remaining interest in the Retail Finance shares. Retail Finance will conduct business as usual through the IPO and eventual exit, continuing to serve its partners and customers as a separate public company. The IPO and exit are subject to market conditions and receipt of regulatory and tax reviews and approvals. This disclosure is not an offer to sell, or solicitation of offers to buy, any securities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ConforMIS (CFMS) IPO Opens Up 20%
- Teladoc (TDOC) IPO Surges Higher
- Moody's Downgrades Greece to 'Caa3'; May be Cut Further (GREK) (NBG)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Corp. News, Hot IPOs, IPOs, SEC Filings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!