UPDATE: Wingstop (WING) Slips as Kase Capital's Tilson Said to be Short
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 29, 2016 3:29 PM EST)
(Updated - November 29, 2016 3:24 PM EST)
Wingstop (NASDAQ: WING) slipped to session low Tuesday, falling 4.5%. Tilson is said to be short the stock, according to ValueWalk and other sources.
Traders passed around slides of a presentation at Robin hood.
From the presentation:
- Wingstop is a decent company with reasonable growth prospects
- But its business is largely undifferentiated and faces ferocious competition from all sides
- It has only proved that its business and brand work in two states, yet its valuation assumes that it can scale rapidly across the U.S. and abroad – a highly questionable proposition
- Given that the stock is currently priced for perfection, if I’m wrong, it has little upside – and if I’m right, look out below!
- A discounted cash flow analysis, even assuming favorable growth and margin increases for the next decade, yields a share price roughly half today’s level o Even at that price, the stock would still be richly priced at more than 30x trailing EPS
- This is my 2 nd largest short position after Exact Sciences
- There is plenty of borrow at negligible cost
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Early Express Scripts (ESRX) Trade Wasn't Him, Citron's Left Tells CNBC
- Options with increasing volume: HOV TXT LULU SMG LGCY TLRD HRB UHS GIII DPZ
- Stocks with call price movement; NVDA EA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWhitney Tilson
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!