UPDATE: Delta Air Lines (DAL), United (UAL) Said Near Avianca (AVH) Bids as Elliott Meets Suitors - Bloomberg
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 3:59 PM EDT)
Avianca (NYSE: AVH) is studying options including the sale of a controlling stake, and it is set to receive bids next week from suitors including Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) and United (NYSE: UAL) according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.
Copa Holdings (NYSE: CPA) is also expected to present a bid.
Offers may include $500 million in new capital plus a purchase of common stock from current shareholders.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Japan's TDK in Talks to Buy InvenSense (INVN) - Reuters
- ECB Said to Reject Monte Paschi Bid for More Time on Capital - Bloomberg
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesElliott Associates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!