UPDATE: Delta Air Lines (DAL), United (UAL) Said Near Avianca (AVH) Bids as Elliott Meets Suitors - Bloomberg
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 3:59 PM EDT)
Avianca (NYSE: AVH) is studying options including the sale of a controlling stake, and it is set to receive bids next week from suitors including Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) and United (NYSE: UAL) according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.
Copa Holdings (NYSE: CPA) is also expected to present a bid.
Offers may include $500 million in new capital plus a purchase of common stock from current shareholders.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks with Actelion Said to Progress After New Offer North of $250/Share - Bloomberg
- Pandora (P) calls active on wide price movement
- Pandora (P) now open to selling itself - CNBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesElliott Associates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!