UPDATE: Delta Air Lines (DAL), United (UAL) Said Near Avianca (AVH) Bids as Elliott Meets Suitors - Bloomberg
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 3:59 PM EDT)
Avianca (NYSE: AVH) is studying options including the sale of a controlling stake, and it is set to receive bids next week from suitors including Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) and United (NYSE: UAL) according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.
Copa Holdings (NYSE: CPA) is also expected to present a bid.
Offers may include $500 million in new capital plus a purchase of common stock from current shareholders.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time (TIME) Hires Morgan Stanley, BofA to Field Takeover, Partnership - DJ
- DuPont CEO Breen says Trump win unlikely to impact Dow deal
- Early Express Scripts (ESRX) Trade Wasn't Him, Citron's Left Tells CNBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesElliott Associates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!