Lumber Liquidators (LL) Gains as Whitney Tilson Said He's Covered His Short
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Lumber Liquidators (NYSE: LL) gains into the close as Whitney Tilson said he's not longer short the stock and it may be an acquisition target. Shares up 2.8%.
- Amidst a formaldehyde scandal exposed by 60 Minutes, the stock has collapsed o Down 85% since my first pitch; 70% since my second
- The company is still struggling and losing money, but has settled most regulatory investigations and lawsuits so I think it’s likely to survive – and might be a good acquisition candidate – so I’m no longer short the stock
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TransDigm (TDG) Defended at Deutsche Bank
- TransDigm (TDG) Valeant Comparison 'Nothing New', Tweet Risk Low and Would Use Weakness to Buy - Credit Suisse
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)