Icahn Requested to Buy Up to 50% of Herbalife (HLF)
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Carl Icahn said at CNBC's Delivering Alpha that he's requested to buy up to 50% of Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) with the FTC. He currently has authorization to buy up to 35%.
Icahn said no way a professional would want to be short the stock with such high short interest and long stock in strong hands.
Further, Icahn said he thinks Herbalife is a candidate to go private and would be better off going private.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) could be the 'mother of all short squeezes' - Icahn on CNBC
- Twitter (TWTR) Shares Continue Rising, Break Above $18
- Qualcomm (QCOM) and NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) agreed on $110/sh deal - CBNC's Faber
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Rumors, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!