Carl Icahn Sticks by Donald Trump Amid Controversial Video; Quotes Jesus
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Billionaire investor Carl Icahn is sticking by Donald Trump in the wake of Friday's damaging video where the presidential nominee is seen making lewd comments about women.
Icahn said such comments are common place and quoted Jesus, saying those casting stones should look at their own behavior first.
Icahn told CNBC:
"Over my years I've listened to a lot of salacious talk in locker rooms, bachelor parties etc. by a lot of high-level people, some of whom are now supposedly so outraged. All I can do is refer to that great quote, 'Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.'"
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tourbillon Capital Partners LP Shows New 6.2% Stake in Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT)
- PL Capital Advisors Raises Stake in Banc of California (BANC) to 6.7%; Seeks to Speak with Management
- Time Warner (TWX) PT Raised to $105 at Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Politics
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, Donald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!