Brevan Howard hedge fund axes management fees for some current investors
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Hedge fund firm Brevan Howard, one of Europe's largest, will cut its main Master fund and its Multi-Strategy fund's management fees to zero for some current investors, a source close to the matter told Reuters.
The $14.5 billion main fund, which has suffered back-to-back annual losses, joins a string of other hedge funds in lowering fees as they battle to woo investors.
Brevan will cut fees from Dec. 1 but will still charge a 20 percent performance fee.
Multi-manager hedge fund Caxton told investors this month that it was cutting fees after Och-Ziff Capital Management and Tudor Investment Corp made similar moves.
(This version of the story corrects headline and first paragraph to read "some current" instead of "new" and adds in first paragraph "Master" and "...its Multi-Strategy fund's..." to show cut in fees applies to two funds, not just the main fund)
(Reporting by Maiya Keidan; Editing by David Goodman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Veteran leader Gruevski seeks comeback in Macedonian poll
- France arrests new suspect in foiled terror plot
- Princesses, presidents, laureates join hands to 'globalize compassion' for children
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Reuters
Related EntitiesCaxton Associates, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!