Brevan Howard hedge fund axes management fees for some current investors
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Hedge fund firm Brevan Howard, one of Europe's largest, will cut its main Master fund and its Multi-Strategy fund's management fees to zero for some current investors, a source close to the matter told Reuters.
The $14.5 billion main fund, which has suffered back-to-back annual losses, joins a string of other hedge funds in lowering fees as they battle to woo investors.
Brevan will cut fees from Dec. 1 but will still charge a 20 percent performance fee.
Multi-manager hedge fund Caxton told investors this month that it was cutting fees after Och-Ziff Capital Management and Tudor Investment Corp made similar moves.
(This version of the story corrects headline and first paragraph to read "some current" instead of "new" and adds in first paragraph "Master" and "...its Multi-Strategy fund's..." to show cut in fees applies to two funds, not just the main fund)
(Reporting by Maiya Keidan; Editing by David Goodman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vatican orders Knights of Malta to cooperate with papal inquiry
- EU asks Italy to cut back 2017 budget deficit: Treasury source
- Netflix (NFLX) merits a spot in the 'bubble basket', Einhorn Says - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Reuters
Related EntitiesCaxton Associates, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!