Ackman Planning 5% Activist Stake in Unnamed Large-Cap Company
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
Pershing Square's Bill Ackman is planning to take a 5% activist stake in an unnamed large-cap company. The hedge fund manager is starting two special purpose funds to buy the stake, according to an investor letter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RadioShack (RSH) Loan Talks Terminated with Hedge Fund Monarch Alternative Capital
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 11/19: (Z) (LITB) (LOW) (TGT) Higher; (CLF) (BBRY) (TSLA) Lower (more...)
- Tepper's Appaloosa Management Lowers Apple (AAPL), Citi (C) Stakes; Takes Position in Alibaba (BABA), Lorillard (LO) - 13F
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!