Ackman Planning 5% Activist Stake in Unnamed Large-Cap Company
- Market Wrap: Apple Loses Ban Appeal vs Samsung; Alibaba Reports Improved Profit; Tiffany Shines in Q2
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/27: (CREG) (CCUR) (FEYE) Higher; (GOMO) (WSM) (GES) Lower (more...)
- Guess?, Inc. (GES) Misses Q2 EPS by 3c; Cuts FY15 Outlook
- Apple (AAPL) Could Deliver BIG at September Event with iWatch and 2 iPhone Models
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSM) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Guides FY14 EPS Below Expectations
Pershing Square's Bill Ackman is planning to take a 5% activist stake in an unnamed large-cap company. The hedge fund manager is starting two special purpose funds to buy the stake, according to an investor letter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Valeant Pharma (VRX), Pershing Square Win Bid to Fast-Track Allergan (AGN) Suit
- UPDATE: Herbalife (HLF) Active on Icahn Ice Bucket Challenge Tweet
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Updates on Amended 13D from Sarissa Capital; Certain Members Bought $8.8M of Conv. Notes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!