Veracyte (VCYT) Offers Prelim. Q3 Results
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Veracyte, Inc. (NASDAQ: VCYT), a genomic diagnostics company that reduces unnecessary surgeries and healthcare costs by resolving diagnostic uncertainty, today released preliminary unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016.
Third Quarter 2016 Preliminary Financial Results:
- Revenue for the third quarter of 2016 is expected to be $18.6 million, an increase of 51%, compared to $12.3 million for the third quarter of 2015. This includes an estimated $3.5 million increase due to the accrual of tests that would have previously been recognized upon cash receipt.
- Afirma® Gene Expression Classifier (GEC) test volume was 5,740 tests, an increase of 14%, compared to the same period in 2015.
- Operating expenses for the third quarter 2016 are estimated to be $23.5 to $23.8 million, compared to $21.2 million in the third quarter of 2015 and $25.2 million in the second quarter of 2016.
- Net loss is expected to be $5.6 to $5.9 million, or $0.20 to $0.21 per common share, versus a net loss of $8.9 million, or $0.32 per common share, for the same period in 2015.
- Cash and cash equivalents as of September 30, 2016 is expected to be $31.7 million, as compared with $39.0 million at June 30, 2016.
- Cash burn for the quarter is expected to be $7.3 million and includes $4.0 million in final payments to Sanofi Genzyme under Veracyte's U.S. co-promotion agreement, which was terminated in September 2016.
(Street sees Q3 loss of 39c per share on revenue of $15.7 million)
"Our strong preliminary financial results for the quarter provide compelling evidence that our reimbursement strategy is working," said Bonnie Anderson, Veracyte's president and chief executive officer. "Specifically, our significant success in securing payer contracts and reimbursement for the Afirma GEC is resulting in faster, more predictable payments. Our Afirma GEC test volume for the quarter aligns with our expectations and reflects the seasonal cadence of our business. Additionally, we have exercised significant financial discipline while building out our sales and marketing team to drive Afirma GEC growth and initiate commercial expansion of our Percepta® Bronchial Genomic Classifier."
Veracyte's third quarter 2016 estimated results are preliminary and subject to completion of its financial statements for the quarter ended September 30, 2016 and the review of those financial statements by the company's independent registered public accounting firm. The company will discuss 2016 full-year guidance on its third quarter conference call.
Third Quarter 2016 Conference Call and Webcast Veracyte's detailed third quarter 2016 financial results and business review will be released after close of market on Thursday, November 3, 2016 and the company will host a conference call and webcast on the same day at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time (1:30 p.m. Pacific Time) to discuss the results and business progress.
The live webcast and subsequent replay may be accessed by visiting Veracyte's website at http://investor.veracyte.com. Alternatively, please call (855) 541-0980 (U.S.) or (970) 315-0440 (international) to listen to the conference call. The conference ID number is 94530436. The webcast replay will be available on the company's website approximately two hours following completion of the call and archived on the company's website for 90 days.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Penns Woods Bancorp (PWOD) Q3 Profit Slips Lower
- Microsoft (MSFT) volatility adjusts to better than expected Q1 results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGuidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesGenzyme/Sanofi-Aventis, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!