UPDATE: Ford (F) CEO Fields Says Sales Slowdown is 'Concern' for Investors; Sees Cars as Part of IoT
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 9:20 AM EDT)
Ford Motor (NYSE: F) CEO Mark Fields says sales slowdown is "concern" for investors, according to Bloomberg. The executive said retail auto sales are coming down.
UPDATE - Fields also said investors are concerned about technology companies entering the automotive sector. He noted that Ford wants to lead in connectivity and autonomy, and that the company's cars are part of the Internet of Things (IoT).
The CEO noted that spending for future will hurt FY17 results.
Shares of Ford are indicated higher in early trading.
Notably, Ford recently announced that it will release its September 2016 U.S. sales results at approximately 9:15 a.m. ET Monday, October 3, 2016. At 10:00 a.m. ET, Erich Merkle, Ford U.S. sales analyst, will host a conference call for the investment community and news media to discuss the results and related market trends. He will be joined by Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service, and Emily Kolinski Morris, Ford's chief economist.
Conference Call Access Information
Toll Free: 1-877-870-8664International: 1-970-297-2423Password: “Ford Monthly Sales Call”
The conference call also will be webcast live, on a listen-only basis, at www.shareholder.ford.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Boston Beer Co. (SAM) Misses Q3 EPS by 12c; Guides In-Line
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGuidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!