Intel (INTC) Raises Q3 Revenue Outlook
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Intel Corporation (Nasdaq: INTC) announced that third-quarter revenue is expected to be above the company's previous outlook. The company now expects third-quarter revenue to be $15.6 billion, plus or minus $300 million, as compared to the previous range of $14.9 billion, plus or minus $500 million. The increase in revenue is primarily driven by replenishment of PC supply chain inventory. The company is also seeing some signs of improving PC demand.
*** The Street was looking for Q3 revenue of $14.9 billion.
The company is forecasting the mid-point of the third-quarter GAAP gross margin range at 62 percent, plus or minus a couple of points, up 2 points versus the prior third-quarter GAAP outlook gross margin midpoint of 60 percent, driven mostly by higher PC unit volume. The midpoint of the third-quarter non-GAAP gross margin range is now forecasted at 63 percent, plus or minus a couple of points, up 1 point versus the prior third-quarter non-GAAP outlook gross margin midpoint of 62 percent.
Third-quarter R&D plus MG&A spending is expected to be approximately $5.2 billion, $100 million higher than the prior expectation of approximately $5.1 billion. Third-quarter gains and losses from equity investments and interest and other income are expected to be a net loss of approximately $125 million, as compared to the prior expectation of a net loss of approximately $75 million. The tax rate for the third quarter is expected to be 22 percent, as compared to the prior expectation of 21 percent.
All other expectations have been withdrawn and guidance will be updated with the company's third-quarter earnings report on Oct. 18.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Corning (GLW): Asahi's Preannouncement Bodes Well for Corning - Susquehanna
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGuidance, Hot Guidance, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, McAfee Intel Merger, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!