Birks & Mayors (BMJ) Says Q1 Sales Fell 3%; Comps Up 3%
- Apple (AAPL), China Mobile (CHL) Sign iPhone Deal - WSJ
- Market Wrap: Hayman Likes GM; Pandora Skirts Competition; Private Sector Jobs Bonanza
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/4: (PBYI) (MFRM) (GGP) Higher; (LGP) (SNPS) (ARO) Lower (more...)
- General Growth Properties (GGP) Set to Join the S&P 500
- Fed Saw 'Modest to Moderate' Growth with Stronger Manufacturing
Birks & Mayors Inc. (AMEX: BMJ) announces that net sales during the 13 weeks ended June 30, 2012 were $68.8 million, representing a decrease of $2.4 million, or 3%, compared to net sales of $71.2 million during the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Comparable store sales increased 3% during the same period (comparable store sales include stores open in the same period in both the current and prior year and are expressed at a constant exchange rate). The net decrease in sales of $2.4 million was primarily driven by operating ten less stores than in the prior year period (seven retail stores and three temporary retail outlet stores) and $1.7 million of lower sales related to translating the Company’s Canadian sales into U.S. dollars due to the weaker Canadian dollar, partially offset by the 3% increase in comparable store sales. The comparable store sales increase reflects a 7% increase in sales from the stores in Canada while comparable store sales in the U.S. decreased by 2%.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guess?, Inc. (GES) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Q4, FY14 EPS and Revs
- Synopsys, Inc. (SNPS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c, Offers Guidance
- Aeropostale, Inc. (ARO) Posts Q3 Loss of 29c/Share; Guides Wide Q4 Loss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGuidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!