Aetna (AET) Sees Q4 EPS Lower than Q3 and Q3 Higher than Q2; Affirms FY12 Outlook
- Wall Street falls as post-election winners lag
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
On September 12, 2012, Aetna Inc. (NYSE: AET) expects to participate in presentations and meetings with investors and analysts, including a presentation by Joseph M. Zubretsky, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Aetna, at the Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference (the "Conference") in New York City. During the presentation and these meetings, Aetna intends to disclose that, based on its results and performance to date in 2012:
- We continue to project full-year 2012 operating earnings per share of $5.00 to $5.10 and continue to project that operating earnings per share will be higher in the third quarter of 2012 than in the second quarter of 2012. Further, we continue to project that operating earnings per share in the fourth quarter of 2012 will be lower than our third-quarter 2012 result; and
- With respect to medical cost trend, we remain confident in our full-year 2012 Commercial medical cost trend projections, our pricing and forecasting assumptions and the adequacy of our reserves.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gigamon, Inc. (GIMO) Prelim. Q4 Revenue Falls Short of Consensus
- CSX quarterly profit dips on higher costs
- Tiffany & Co. (TIF) Holiday Comps Fall 2%; Comps Down 1% Ex-FX
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGuidance, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!