Zillow Mortgages Reports No W/W Change to 30-Year Fixed Rate; Remains at 3.27%
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow Mortgages is currently 3.27 percent, unchanged from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage hovered between 3.26 percent and 3.34 percent before dropping to the current rate on Tuesday.
“Mortgage rates continued to hold steady last week, essentially unchanged from the historic lows recorded following Brexit at the end of June,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week, all eyes will be on Friday’s monthly jobs report, especially after Fed officials at last week’s Jackson Hole meeting pointed to incoming data as critical for determining the path and pace of interest rate hikes moving forward.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.55 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.63 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (8/30/16)||Last Week’s 30-YearFixed Rate(8/23/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.26||%||3.27||%||-1|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.27||%||-2|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.26||%||+1|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.28||%||3.30||%||-2|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.28||%||-3|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.27||%||-2|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.35||%||3.35||%||0|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.27||%||-2|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.25||%||+2|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.30||%||3.28||%||+2|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zillow Mortgages Reports 4 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.91%
- GE Power sees little sales impact if U.S. quits climate deals
- Pentagon buried study that found $125 billion in wasteful spending: Washington Post
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!