Zillow Mortgages Reports No W/W Change to 30-Year Fixed Rate; Remains at 3.27%
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow Mortgages is currently 3.27 percent, unchanged from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage hovered between 3.26 percent and 3.34 percent before dropping to the current rate on Tuesday.
“Mortgage rates continued to hold steady last week, essentially unchanged from the historic lows recorded following Brexit at the end of June,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week, all eyes will be on Friday’s monthly jobs report, especially after Fed officials at last week’s Jackson Hole meeting pointed to incoming data as critical for determining the path and pace of interest rate hikes moving forward.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.55 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.63 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (8/30/16)||Last Week’s 30-YearFixed Rate(8/23/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.26||%||3.27||%||-1|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.27||%||-2|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.26||%||+1|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.28||%||3.30||%||-2|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.28||%||-3|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.27||%||-2|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.35||%||3.35||%||0|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.27||%||-2|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.25||%||+2|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.30||%||3.28||%||+2|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Are Unchanged at 3.89%, Says Zillow
- Mexico extradites drug lord 'El Chapo' to U.S. on eve of Trump inauguration
- Germany's auto industry warns 'hard Brexit' to stifle UK investment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!