Zillow Mortgages Reports 8 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.32%
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow® Mortgages is currently 3.32 percent, up 8 basis points from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rose throughout the week before settling in at the current rate.
“Mortgage rates increased last week, erasing the previous week’s decline, due to a steady flow of strong economic data in the U.S. and more hawkish comments from central bank officials in the U.S. and Europe,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week, markets will likely focus on Friday’s all-important jobs report and comments from key Fed officials later the same day.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.57 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.69 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (10/4/16)||Last Week’s 30-Year Fixed Rate (9/27/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.33||%||3.24||%||+9|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.33||%||3.21||%||+12|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.29||%||3.25||%||+4|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.31||%||3.24||%||+7|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.28||%||3.23||%||+5|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.37||%||3.22||%||+15|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.33||%||3.31||%||+2|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.35||%||3.20||%||+15|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.34||%||3.22||%||+12|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.29||%||3.23||%||+6|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Are Unchanged at 3.89%, Says Zillow
- Bristol-Myers lung cancer delay slams shares, keeps Merck in lead
- Boeing CEO sees 'near term' plane deal after Trump meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!