Zillow Mortgages Reports 7 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.40%
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on is currently 3.40 percent, up 7 basis points from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rate rose throughout the week, then settled around the current rate on Tuesday.
“Mortgage rates increased last week to their highest levels since early June following a string of strong economic data in the U.S. and Europe raising the probability that monetary policy in both regions will tighten sooner rather than later,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week Friday’s Jobs Report is the main event for economic news, but financial markets could be jumpy ahead of the U.S. presidential election.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.67 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.71 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (11/1/16)||Last Week’s 30-Year Fixed Rate (10/25/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.41||%||3.31||%||+10|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.37||%||3.29||%||+8|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.43||%||3.32||%||+11|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.42||%||3.31||%||+11|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.34||%||3.31||%||+3|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.40||%||3.30||%||+10|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.46||%||3.39||%||+7|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.40||%||3.34||%||+6|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.39||%||3.33||%||+6|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.42||%||3.39||%||+3|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zillow Mortgages Reports 4 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.91%
- Zillow Group Prices Offering of $400 Million of 2.00% Convertible Senior Notes
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Rise, Edge Closer to 4 Percent; Current Rate is 3.91%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!