Zillow Mortgages Reports 5 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to $3.37%
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow Mortgages is currently 3.37 percent, up 5 basis points from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rose Friday to the current rate, then hovered there for the rest of the week.
“Despite a weaker-than-expected jobs report, mortgage rates rose last week to their highest levels in three months amid speculation that the European Central Bank may reduce its stimulus program sooner than expected,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week, markets will likely focus on the tone of Wednesday’s Federal Open Market Committee September Meeting Minutes and comments from key Fed officials for more clarity on the sense of urgency for future rate hikes.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.60 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.74 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (10/11/16)||Last Week’s 30-Year Fixed Rate (10/4/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.40||%||3.33||%||+7|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.40||%||3.33||%||+7|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.34||%||3.29||%||+5|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.36||%||3.31||%||+5|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.34||%||3.28||%||+6|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.41||%||3.37||%||+4|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.36||%||3.33||%||+3|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.41||%||3.35||%||+6|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.40||%||3.34||%||+6|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.35||%||3.29||%||+6|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Are Unchanged at 3.89%, Says Zillow
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Unchanged; Current Rate is 3.89%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- Peninsula Regional Data Service Forms Now Available Via Dotloop
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Related EntitiesFederal Open Market Committee, European Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!