Zillow Mortgages Reports 2 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.37%
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow Mortgages is currently 3.87 percent, up 2 basis points from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rose last Wednesday, then hovered around 3.97 percent before falling back to the current rate on Monday.
“Mortgage rates were essentially flat last week despite a temporary 10 basis point jump over the Thanksgiving weekend, as lenders priced conservatively before the holiday,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week, attention will shift to incoming inflation data on Wednesday and Friday’s all-important jobs report, arguably the most important piece of data due before the Fed’s December meeting.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 3.08 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.99 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (11/29/16)||Last Week’s 30-Year Fixed Rate (11/22/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.84||%||+2|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.85||%||+1|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.85||%||+1|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.88||%||3.87||%||+1|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.85||%||3.82||%||+3|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.83||%||+3|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.95||%||3.89||%||+6|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.88||%||3.86||%||+2|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.87||%||3.87||%||0|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.86||%||0|
Source: Zillow Group, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zillow Group Announces Proposed Offering of $400 Million of Convertible Senior Notes
- Barclays' exit from energy trading stirs concerns over liquidity
- AngelList Acquires Startup Company Product Hunt
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!