Zillow Mortgages Reports 2 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.37%
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow Mortgages is currently 3.87 percent, up 2 basis points from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rose last Wednesday, then hovered around 3.97 percent before falling back to the current rate on Monday.
“Mortgage rates were essentially flat last week despite a temporary 10 basis point jump over the Thanksgiving weekend, as lenders priced conservatively before the holiday,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week, attention will shift to incoming inflation data on Wednesday and Friday’s all-important jobs report, arguably the most important piece of data due before the Fed’s December meeting.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 3.08 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.99 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (11/29/16)||Last Week’s 30-Year Fixed Rate (11/22/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.84||%||+2|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.85||%||+1|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.85||%||+1|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.88||%||3.87||%||+1|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.85||%||3.82||%||+3|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.83||%||+3|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.95||%||3.89||%||+6|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.88||%||3.86||%||+2|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.87||%||3.87||%||0|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.86||%||3.86||%||0|
Source: Zillow Group, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zillow Mortgages Reports 4 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.91%
- Zillow Group Announces Proposed Offering of $400 Million of Convertible Senior Notes
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!