Zillow Mortgages Reports 2 bps W/W Drop in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.27%
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow Mortgages is currently 3.27 percent, down two basis points from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage hovered around 3.28 percent for the majority of the week before dropping slightly to the current rate on Tuesday.
“Mortgage rates were essentially flat last week holding slightly above record lows,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week rates are unlikely to move dramatically before Janet Yellen’s speech on Friday at the Kansas City Fed’s annual Jackson Hole meeting.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.56 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.64 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (8/23/16)||Last Week’s 30-Year Fixed Rate (8/16/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.29||%||-2|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.27||%||0|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.26||%||3.28||%||-2|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.30||%||3.30||%||0|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.28||%||3.31||%||-3|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.28||%||-1|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.35||%||3.35||%||0|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.30||%||-3|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.25||%||3.27||%||-2|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.28||%||3.30||%||-2|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zillow Mortgages Reports 2 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.37%
- Ohio State University says active shooter on campus
- N.Y. Fed raises U.S. fourth-quarter GDP growth view to 2.67 percent
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!