Zillow Mortgages Reports 1 bps W/W Drop in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.30%
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow® Mortgages is currently 3.30 percent, down 1 basis point from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage hovered between 3.28 percent and 3.36 percent for most of the week before settling at the current rate.
“Mortgage rates were flat last week, holding near their highest levels since late July,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week markets will focus on the Fed’s monetary policy decision on Wednesday, the tone of which will set expectations for rate hikes for the rest of 2016. While markets are betting against a rate hike this month, rates could jump if the language is more hawkish than expected.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.54 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.61 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (9/20/16)||Last Week’s 30-Year Fixed Rate (9/13/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.31||%||3.30||%||+1|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.32||%||3.29||%||+3|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.29||%||3.31||%||-2|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.31||%||3.33||%||-2|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.29||%||3.32||%||-3|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.27||%||3.33||%||-6|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.34||%||3.38||%||-4|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.31||%||3.31||%||0|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.30||%||3.30||%||0|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.32||%||3.27||%||+5|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zillow Mortgages Reports 4 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.91%
- SoftBank's Son pledges $50 billion, Foxconn eyes U.S. expansion as Trump woos Asian firms
- Zillow Group Prices Offering of $400 Million of 2.00% Convertible Senior Notes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!