Zillow Mortgages Report 1 bps W/W Increase in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.38%
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow® Mortgages is currently 3.38 percent, up 1 basis point from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage hovered around 3.38 percent throughout the week.
“Mortgage rates held near four-month highs last week, edging above their pre-Brexit levels for the first time,” said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. “This week, rates are unlikely to move sharply in either direction before Thursday’s European Central Bank meeting, but could shift late in the week.”
Zillow’s real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgages site and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.63 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.72 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states’ rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current30-Year Fixed Rate (10/18/16)||Last Week’s 30-Year Fixed Rate (10/11/16)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.40||%||3.40||%||0|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.38||%||3.40||%||-2|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.35||%||3.34||%||+1|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.40||%||3.36||%||+4|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.35||%||3.34||%||+1|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.38||%||3.41||%||-3|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.43||%||3.36||%||+7|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.37||%||3.41||%||-4|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.36||%||3.40||%||-4|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.38||%||3.35||%||+3|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Buyers Can Expect 12 Percent More Fixer-Upper Homes For Sale Compared to 5 Years Ago
- Fed's Williams wants rate hike this year as wages rise
- Trump says he'll accept 'clear' election result, reserves right to challenge
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Insiders' Blog
Related EntitiesEuropean Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!