Paulson Makes Land Grab in Vegas on Housing Recovery Bet
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
Hedge fund giant John Paulson is said to be back to betting on housing. According to headlines from Bloomberg, Paulson & Co. acquired 875 acres of land in the Las Vegas area for $17 million. No word on what specific plans for the land are.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Griffin's Citadel Raises Stake in (FNSR) to 5.2%
- Elliott Associates Talks Next Steps with Riverbed (RVBD)
- Chanos Has 'Large' Short on CGI Group (GIB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Hedge Funds
Related EntitiesPaulson & Co. (PCI), Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!