Highlights from Press Conference with ECB's Mario Draghi Following Rate Cuts
- Alcoa (AA) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c
- Market Wrap: Inflation Tops Fed's Rate Concerns; Alcoa Offers Q3 Kickoff Dud; Jobless Claims at 42-Year Low
- Fed Officials Said 'Prudent' to Wait for Clarity on Outlook
- Republicans in chaos as favorite quits House leadership race
- After Hours Stocks Movers 10/08: (HELE) (ASNA) Higher; (LDRH) (RT) (GPS) (more...)
Below are some highlights from the press conference given by ECB President Mario Draghi following the Bank's interest rate reductions:
- the underlying pace of the monetary expansion remains subdued
- downside risk to the growth outlook has materialized
- Euroarea growth remains weak
- heightened uncertainty is weighing on confidence and sentiment
- still expecting inflation to be below 2 percent in 2013
- Ireland has made extraordinary efforts and is on track
- the current crisis is definitely not worse than 2007/2008
- expectation of a recovery is based on an improvement in general sentiment and stabilizing global and external demand
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Boehner asks Ryan to run to for House speaker: Washington Post
- Gartner Says Worldwide PC Shipments Declined 7.7% in Q3
- Scottrade says victim of hackers who targeted financial firms
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!