Highlights from Press Conference with ECB's Mario Draghi Following Rate Cuts
- Wall Street opens higher as Brexit grip loosens
- CIBC (CM) to Acquire PrivateBancorp (PVTB) in ~$3.8B Deal
- Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) Terminates Williams (WMB) Merger
- Apollo (APO) to Acquire Diamond Resorts (DRII) in $2.2B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 06/29: (TSRO) (DRII) (PVTB) Higher; (GALE) (LPCN) (ESPR) Lower (more...)
Below are some highlights from the press conference given by ECB President Mario Draghi following the Bank's interest rate reductions:
- the underlying pace of the monetary expansion remains subdued
- downside risk to the growth outlook has materialized
- Euroarea growth remains weak
- heightened uncertainty is weighing on confidence and sentiment
- still expecting inflation to be below 2 percent in 2013
- Ireland has made extraordinary efforts and is on track
- the current crisis is definitely not worse than 2007/2008
- expectation of a recovery is based on an improvement in general sentiment and stabilizing global and external demand
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-open market-options summary
- U.S. Supreme Court rules 5-3 to strike down Texas abortion law
- Islamic State prime suspect after suicide bombers kill 41 at Istanbul airport
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!