Highlights from Press Conference with ECB's Mario Draghi Following Rate Cuts
- Top 10 News for 12/15 - 12/19: Russia Raises Rates, Ruble Retreats; U.S., Cuba Get Friendly; Sony Crumbles Under Pressure
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Facebook's (FB) Instagram is Bigger and Better than Twitter (TWTR), Should Be Worth $35 Billion - Citi
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
Below are some highlights from the press conference given by ECB President Mario Draghi following the Bank's interest rate reductions:
- the underlying pace of the monetary expansion remains subdued
- downside risk to the growth outlook has materialized
- Euroarea growth remains weak
- heightened uncertainty is weighing on confidence and sentiment
- still expecting inflation to be below 2 percent in 2013
- Ireland has made extraordinary efforts and is on track
- the current crisis is definitely not worse than 2007/2008
- expectation of a recovery is based on an improvement in general sentiment and stabilizing global and external demand
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBI Says North Korean Government Responsible for Sony (SNE) Hack
- UPDATE: France Cut to AA from AA+ at Fitch, Outlook Stable
- Canada's Competition Bureau Investigating Apple (AAPL) - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!