Highlights from Press Conference with ECB's Mario Draghi Following Rate Cuts
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
Below are some highlights from the press conference given by ECB President Mario Draghi following the Bank's interest rate reductions:
- the underlying pace of the monetary expansion remains subdued
- downside risk to the growth outlook has materialized
- Euroarea growth remains weak
- heightened uncertainty is weighing on confidence and sentiment
- still expecting inflation to be below 2 percent in 2013
- Ireland has made extraordinary efforts and is on track
- the current crisis is definitely not worse than 2007/2008
- expectation of a recovery is based on an improvement in general sentiment and stabilizing global and external demand
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Board Conducts Review of Supervision of Biggest Banks
- Illinois Plan to Cut $111B Pension Shortfall Struck Down
- PIMCO Said to Pay Bill Gross $290M Bonus for 2013
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!