Highlights from Press Conference with ECB's Mario Draghi Following Rate Cuts
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Below are some highlights from the press conference given by ECB President Mario Draghi following the Bank's interest rate reductions:
- the underlying pace of the monetary expansion remains subdued
- downside risk to the growth outlook has materialized
- Euroarea growth remains weak
- heightened uncertainty is weighing on confidence and sentiment
- still expecting inflation to be below 2 percent in 2013
- Ireland has made extraordinary efforts and is on track
- the current crisis is definitely not worse than 2007/2008
- expectation of a recovery is based on an improvement in general sentiment and stabilizing global and external demand
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Obama administration confirms double-digit healthy care premium hikes - AP
- Ebay's holiday-quarter forecast disappoints; shares slump
- Investors most net long on longer-dated U.S. bonds in a month: JPM
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!