Highlights from Press Conference with ECB's Mario Draghi Following Rate Cuts
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
Below are some highlights from the press conference given by ECB President Mario Draghi following the Bank's interest rate reductions:
- the underlying pace of the monetary expansion remains subdued
- downside risk to the growth outlook has materialized
- Euroarea growth remains weak
- heightened uncertainty is weighing on confidence and sentiment
- still expecting inflation to be below 2 percent in 2013
- Ireland has made extraordinary efforts and is on track
- the current crisis is definitely not worse than 2007/2008
- expectation of a recovery is based on an improvement in general sentiment and stabilizing global and external demand
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yellen Says Has Never Seen Politics Enter Fed Policy Debate; Gov. Brainard Acting in Way Consistent with Rules
- Commuter Train Hits New Jersey Station; No Word on Injuries - AP
- Zillow Mortgages Reports 6 bps W/W Drop in 30-Year Fixed Rate to 3.24%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!