Harley-Davidson shares pare gains after comment on buyout speculation
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
The logo of Harley Davidson company is pictured on a motorcycle in Paris, France, May 8, 2016. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Harley-Davidson Inc. (NYSE: HOG) shares jumped nearly 7 percent early on Wednesday as speculation resurfaced the company was a buyout target of equity firm Kohlberg Kravis and Roberts.
Shares then pared gains after a company spokesperson said the company was not "aware of" anything specific that boosted the shares about 6.8 percent. At midday Harley shares were up about 3 percent.
"We don't comment on rumors," Maripat Blankenheim, Harley-Davidson spokesperson said. "Those kinds of rumors happen every now and again."
Earlier this year Harley shares surged 17 percent on takeover speculation.
(Reporting By Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Andrew Hay)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Schneider Electric Denies Rumours on a Possible Offer on Rockwell Automation (ROK)
- Schneider Electric Refutes Rumors Related to Rockwell Automation (ROK)
- ECB unlikely to ease policy further: traders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!