Harley-Davidson shares pare gains after comment on buyout speculation
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
The logo of Harley Davidson company is pictured on a motorcycle in Paris, France, May 8, 2016. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Harley-Davidson Inc. (NYSE: HOG) shares jumped nearly 7 percent early on Wednesday as speculation resurfaced the company was a buyout target of equity firm Kohlberg Kravis and Roberts.
Shares then pared gains after a company spokesperson said the company was not "aware of" anything specific that boosted the shares about 6.8 percent. At midday Harley shares were up about 3 percent.
"We don't comment on rumors," Maripat Blankenheim, Harley-Davidson spokesperson said. "Those kinds of rumors happen every now and again."
Earlier this year Harley shares surged 17 percent on takeover speculation.
(Reporting By Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Andrew Hay)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Verizon (VZ) said to agree to sell data center business to Equinix (EQIX) - Bloomberg
- Sprint Corp. (S) Weakens as SoftBank Downplays M&A Prospects from Cash Pledge
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!