Fidelity Contrafund continues to slash stake in struggling Chipotle
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
A Chipotle Mexican Grill is seen in Los Angeles, California, U.S. on April 25, 2016. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BOSTON (Reuters) - Fidelity's Contrafund
Run by portfolio manager Will Danoff, Contrafund reported holding about 790,177 shares in Chipotle at the end of August. That was down from about 980,000 shares in the previous month, according to Fidelity fund disclosures.
Fidelity was not immediately available for comment.
Contrafund's reduced exposure comes as activist investor Bill Ackman works to revive the chain's sales. Earlier this month, Ackman's Pershing Square hedge fund disclosed a 9.9 percent stake in Chipotle.
Since the end of 2015 when Contrafund held about 1.95 million Chipotle shares worth $934 million, Danoff has cut the stake by 59 percent.
Chipotle is struggling to revive sales after food-borne illness outbreaks hit the chain. Its share price is down 41 percent in the past year, trading up 1.2 percent on Friday afternoon at $425.74.
(Reporting by Tim McLaughlin; Editing by Diane Craft and Jeffrey Benkoe)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Latest Fox News Poll Shows Tighter Race Between Clinton and Trump
- Chipotle (CMG) volatility decreases as shares trade at 52-week low
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!