Exclusive: Wanda Commercial to re-list via Shanghai IPO or backdoor listing - chairman
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
Wang Jianlin, chairman of the Wanda Group, speaks during an interview in Beijing, China, August 23, 2016. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's richest man, Wang Jianlin, said on Tuesday that Dalian Wanda Commercial Properties Co <3699.HK>, the real estate flagship of his Wanda empire, would re-list on the Shanghai Stock Exchange either through an initial public offering (IPO) or a backdoor listing.
Approval for an IPO could take two or three years, while a backdoor listing would require more than a year, Wang said in an exclusive interview with Reuters.
Shareholders of the Hong Kong-listed real estate firm last week approved a buy-out offer that would see the firm privatized. The company said earlier this month it planned to de-list from the Hong Kong stock exchange on Sept. 20.
(Reporting By Matthew Miller and Shu Zhang; Editing by Alex Richardson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lloyd's of London to announce new EU outpost in coming months
- Four Gambian ministers resign as neighboring states prepare to step in
- Fighting halts food air drops to Syria's Deir-al-Zor: WFP
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!