Exclusive: Viacom readies U.S. dollar bond - sources
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
A woman exits the Viacom Inc. headquarters in New York April 30, 2013. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
By Hillary Flynn and Jessica Toonkel
NEW YORK (IFR) - Media conglomerate Viacom (Baa3/BBB-/BBB) is preparing to price a US dollar bond as soon as this week, market sources told IFR on Monday.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanley are arranging investor calls for the bond on Tuesday and Wednesday, according to an email sent to an investor and seen by IFR.
The deal comes amid reports that the company is preparing itself to be sold to CBS following an announcement that interim CEO Tom Dooley would leave in mid-November.
Moody's downgraded Viacom's long-term debt ratings on Thursday to Baa3 from Baa2, citing a weaker than expected rebound in operating performance and high leverage.
"Viacom's leverage has risen well above the 3.25x sustained leverage threshold for the Baa2 rating, leaving no room for additional debt or operational setbacks under the company's ratings," it said.
Viacom said it plans to raise debt to fund near-term maturities, the rating agency said.
While this deal and dividend reduction helps the company's financial flexibility, it won't be sufficient to cut leverage levels that are in line with other Baa2 credits, Moody's said.
(Reporting by Hillary Flynn; Editing by Paul Kilby and Jack Doran)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Athene Holding (ATH) IPO Opens Up 9%
- In quiet times, Barclays bets on investment banking in Brexit UK
- Coty (COTY) Raises Quarterly Dividend 81.8% to $0.125; 2.6% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters, Rumors
Related EntitiesCiti, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!