Exclusive: Viacom readies U.S. dollar bond - sources
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
A woman exits the Viacom Inc. headquarters in New York April 30, 2013. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
By Hillary Flynn and Jessica Toonkel
NEW YORK (IFR) - Media conglomerate Viacom (Baa3/BBB-/BBB) is preparing to price a US dollar bond as soon as this week, market sources told IFR on Monday.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanley are arranging investor calls for the bond on Tuesday and Wednesday, according to an email sent to an investor and seen by IFR.
The deal comes amid reports that the company is preparing itself to be sold to CBS following an announcement that interim CEO Tom Dooley would leave in mid-November.
Moody's downgraded Viacom's long-term debt ratings on Thursday to Baa3 from Baa2, citing a weaker than expected rebound in operating performance and high leverage.
"Viacom's leverage has risen well above the 3.25x sustained leverage threshold for the Baa2 rating, leaving no room for additional debt or operational setbacks under the company's ratings," it said.
Viacom said it plans to raise debt to fund near-term maturities, the rating agency said.
While this deal and dividend reduction helps the company's financial flexibility, it won't be sufficient to cut leverage levels that are in line with other Baa2 credits, Moody's said.
(Reporting by Hillary Flynn; Editing by Paul Kilby and Jack Doran)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- UPDATE: Apple (AAPL) Said to Develop Car Operating System in Canada; BlackBerry (BBRY) Said to Lose Engineers to Project - Bloomberg
- Concho Resources (CXO), PE Investors Seek Buyer for Pipeline System Alpha Crude Connector - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters, Rumors
Related EntitiesCiti, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!