Ex-Pershing Square partner Hilal preps new fund
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
By Michael Flaherty
(Reuters) - A former partner at Pershing Square Capital Management is preparing to launch a new fund, according to a U.S. regulatory filing.
Paul Hilal, who left Pershing Square in January, is launching Mantle Ridge LP, a New York-based investment fund, the filing said.
Hilal was a close lieutenant of Pershing's founder, William Ackman, and was a driving force behind the activist fund's investment in railroad operator Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. After leading a proxy fight against the company that Pershing Square won, Hilal joined CP's board. He stepped down from that post in January.
Hilal did not immediately return an email seeking comment.
Hilal, who roomed with Ackman at Harvard University, was a Pershing Square consultant in 2006 before joining full-time the following year.
When he left the firm, it was widely expected throughout the activist investor community that he would launch his own activist hedge fund.
The regulatory filing does not detail the precise approach he will take with Mantle Ridge.
Mantle Ridge has a staff of four, according to the July 15 filing.
Hedge Fund Intelligence, an industry news publication and data provider, was the first to report the filing.
(Reporting by Michael Flaherty in New York; Editing by Lisa Shumaker and Steve Orlofsky)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bill Ackman's Pershing Square gains early termination notice from FTC on Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)
- Gagey to be replaced soon as Air France chief: newspaper
- Fighting rages in Yemen as U.N. seeks to extend 72-hour ceasefire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Hedge Funds, Reuters
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!