Donald Trump Wins U.S. Presidential Election
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Republican Donald Trump has won the U.S. Presidential election, in an unexpected and monumental victory over perceived insider Hillary Clinton (D). Trump secured key victories in the battleground states of Florida, Ohio and North Carolina and flipped Wisconsin, Iowa, Pennsylvania and possibly Michigan from blue to red. Final votes are still being tallied in Michigan.
White working class voters in the Rustbelt turned out in droves for Trump to show their discontent with the current system. Trump's message to 'drain the swamp' of corruption in Washington and bring back U.S. manufacturing jobs appears to have resonated with voters. The economy ranked at the top of voters concerns, according to exit polls.
Republicans are also projected to maintain control of the House and Senate.
U.S. stock futures sold off 700 points given the uncertainty a Trump presidency brings with it. The Mexican Peso plunged 12%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Traders keep bets on Fed rate hike later this month
- Trump moves to quickly fill his top Cabinet ranks
- Ladder Capital (LADR) to Explore Sale - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Market Check, Politics, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!