Donald Trump Wins U.S. Presidential Election
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Republican Donald Trump has won the U.S. Presidential election, in an unexpected and monumental victory over perceived insider Hillary Clinton (D). Trump secured key victories in the battleground states of Florida, Ohio and North Carolina and flipped Wisconsin, Iowa, Pennsylvania and possibly Michigan from blue to red. Final votes are still being tallied in Michigan.
White working class voters in the Rustbelt turned out in droves for Trump to show their discontent with the current system. Trump's message to 'drain the swamp' of corruption in Washington and bring back U.S. manufacturing jobs appears to have resonated with voters. The economy ranked at the top of voters concerns, according to exit polls.
Republicans are also projected to maintain control of the House and Senate.
U.S. stock futures sold off 700 points given the uncertainty a Trump presidency brings with it. The Mexican Peso plunged 12%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- All eyes focused on clues for future Fed hikes
- U.S. shares most attractive but recession may loom: Principal Global CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Market Check, Politics, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!