Donald Trump Wins U.S. Presidential Election
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Republican Donald Trump has won the U.S. Presidential election, in an unexpected and monumental victory over perceived insider Hillary Clinton (D). Trump secured key victories in the battleground states of Florida, Ohio and North Carolina and flipped Wisconsin, Iowa, Pennsylvania and possibly Michigan from blue to red. Final votes are still being tallied in Michigan.
White working class voters in the Rustbelt turned out in droves for Trump to show their discontent with the current system. Trump's message to 'drain the swamp' of corruption in Washington and bring back U.S. manufacturing jobs appears to have resonated with voters. The economy ranked at the top of voters concerns, according to exit polls.
Republicans are also projected to maintain control of the House and Senate.
U.S. stock futures sold off 700 points given the uncertainty a Trump presidency brings with it. The Mexican Peso plunged 12%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Fed's Williams says need to raise rates before economy overshoots
- Trump trade strategy starts with quitting Asia pact: White House
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Market Check, Politics, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!