Merkel hopes temporary problems at Deutsche Bank can be solved
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
A logo of a branch of Germany's Deutsche Bank is seen in Cologne, Germany, July 18, 2016. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel expressed hope on Tuesday that problems at Deutsche Bank
Asked during a news conference if Berlin was concerned about Deutsche Bank and was considering assistance for the lender, Merkel said: "I only want to say that Deutsche Bank is a part of the German banking and financial sector. And of course we hope that all companies, also if they face temporary problems, can develop in the right direction."
"I don't want to comment beyond that," she added.
Deutsche Bank said on Monday it had no need for German government help.
(Reporting by Michael Nienaber; Editing by Joseph Nasr)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank (DB) Said to Weigh Alternatives to Cash Bonus Payments - Bloomberg
- Consumer Confidence Index (Aug) 98.6 vs 101.5 Expected
- Jim Chanos Negative Again on Valeant Pharma (VRX) in CNBC Interview