Euro Higher on Short Covering, Hits Wall at 1.2330
- Wall Street dragged lower by Apple and banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
The spot price of the EUR/USD swung higher on Thursday, adding to Wednesday’s gains. The rally was sparked by comments from ECB president Mario Draghi. The currency faced resistance at 1.2330. From a technical perspective, this appears to be a critical level, say traders. If breached, the mostly one-sided short bet on EUR/USD could shift gears. On the other hand, if 1.2330 holds EUR/USD may consolidate prior to another leg lower back to 1.200 and beyond.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kansas City Fed's George says time to remove some rate accommodation: CNBC
- UPDATE: Natural Gas Inventory +49 bcf vs +55 bcf Expected
- Fed's harker says concerned about falling behind curve on inflation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!