Euro Higher on Short Covering, Hits Wall at 1.2330
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
The spot price of the EUR/USD swung higher on Thursday, adding to Wednesday’s gains. The rally was sparked by comments from ECB president Mario Draghi. The currency faced resistance at 1.2330. From a technical perspective, this appears to be a critical level, say traders. If breached, the mostly one-sided short bet on EUR/USD could shift gears. On the other hand, if 1.2330 holds EUR/USD may consolidate prior to another leg lower back to 1.200 and beyond.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Draghi says ECB didn't discuss tapering of QE today
- Draghi says ECB didn't discuss QE extension beyond March today
- Dollar steady as Fed policy in focus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!