Euro Higher on Short Covering, Hits Wall at 1.2330
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
The spot price of the EUR/USD swung higher on Thursday, adding to Wednesday’s gains. The rally was sparked by comments from ECB president Mario Draghi. The currency faced resistance at 1.2330. From a technical perspective, this appears to be a critical level, say traders. If breached, the mostly one-sided short bet on EUR/USD could shift gears. On the other hand, if 1.2330 holds EUR/USD may consolidate prior to another leg lower back to 1.200 and beyond.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Crude Inventory -2070K Barrels vs -945K Expected
- Personal Consumption, Private Investment Boost Revised Q2 GDP Results (SPY) (DIA) (QQQ)
- July New Home Sales 412K vs 430K Expected, Down -2.4% MoM
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!