Euro Higher on Short Covering, Hits Wall at 1.2330
- Top 10 News for 5/18 - 5/22: Fed Rate Hike Pushed Back; Icahn Calls for More Apple Buybacks; Big Banks Settle FX Probe
- Yellen Says Rate Hike at Some Point This Year 'Appropriate'
- Deere & Co. (DE) Posts Q2 EPS of $2.03; Lowers Equipment Sales Outlook for FY15
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 EPS to Low-Side of Expectations
- Foot Locker (FL) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c
The spot price of the EUR/USD swung higher on Thursday, adding to Wednesday’s gains. The rally was sparked by comments from ECB president Mario Draghi. The currency faced resistance at 1.2330. From a technical perspective, this appears to be a critical level, say traders. If breached, the mostly one-sided short bet on EUR/USD could shift gears. On the other hand, if 1.2330 holds EUR/USD may consolidate prior to another leg lower back to 1.200 and beyond.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yellen says gradual pace of tightening is likely after liftoff; Rate rise at some point this year is appropriate
- NYSE Announces Bitcoin Index
- Existing Home sales 5.04M vs 5.23M Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!