Euro Higher on Short Covering, Hits Wall at 1.2330
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
The spot price of the EUR/USD swung higher on Thursday, adding to Wednesday’s gains. The rally was sparked by comments from ECB president Mario Draghi. The currency faced resistance at 1.2330. From a technical perspective, this appears to be a critical level, say traders. If breached, the mostly one-sided short bet on EUR/USD could shift gears. On the other hand, if 1.2330 holds EUR/USD may consolidate prior to another leg lower back to 1.200 and beyond.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hold on Tight... Fed Day Could Bring a Number of Changes
- UPDATE: Crude Inventories Rose 3.67 Million Barrels
- August Leading Index 0.2%% vs 0.4% Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!