Dollar pares gains after September U.S. payrolls data
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
United States one dollar bills are seen on a light table at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington November 14, 2014. REUTERS/Gary Cameron/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The dollar briefly pared gains against a basket of currencies on Friday as government data showed U.S. employers added fewer workers in September but other aspects of the jobs report suggested further improvement in the labor market.
The dollar index <.DXY> was last up 0.10 percent at 96.871, which was not too far below its highest level in over two months set earlier Friday.
(Reporting by Richard Leong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Retail Sales Advance (MoM) 0.6% vs 0.7% Expected; Ex Auto 0.2% vs 0.5%
- Initial Jobless Claims 247K vs 255K Expected
- Want to learn Arabic, Korean or Swahili? Refugee language tutors can help
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!