UPDATE: ECB Said to Build Tapering Consensus as QE Decision Time Nears - Bloomberg
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 11:44 AM EDT)
Informal consensus among ECB policy makers is that QE will need to be wound down gradually when decision is taken to end the program, according to Bloomberg sources. One scenario is to taper QE in steps of EU10B/month.
Decision on when to start tapering depends on economic outlook, and program could still be extended beyond current end-date of March 2017 at full pace of EU80B/month.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sterling on course for best day since at least 1998
- Northern Trust (NTRS) January call option implied volatility increases to 47 into Q4 and outlook
- SLM Corp (SLM) February 12 calls active as shares near eight-year high into Q4 and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!