UPDATE: ECB Said to Build Tapering Consensus as QE Decision Time Nears - Bloomberg
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 11:44 AM EDT)
Informal consensus among ECB policy makers is that QE will need to be wound down gradually when decision is taken to end the program, according to Bloomberg sources. One scenario is to taper QE in steps of EU10B/month.
Decision on when to start tapering depends on economic outlook, and program could still be extended beyond current end-date of March 2017 at full pace of EU80B/month.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Draghi Says ECB Didn't Discuss QE Extension Beyond March Today; Says Extraordinary Policy Support Won't Exist Forever; ECB Didn't Discuss Tapering of QE Today
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) Shares Pop Higher Amid Chatter
- Dollar index gains to near eight-month high, euro weakens
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!