UPDATE: ECB Said to Build Tapering Consensus as QE Decision Time Nears - Bloomberg
- Futures flat as oil rally pauses
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Trump's corporate tax holiday could spur pharma M&A
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 11:44 AM EDT)
Informal consensus among ECB policy makers is that QE will need to be wound down gradually when decision is taken to end the program, according to Bloomberg sources. One scenario is to taper QE in steps of EU10B/month.
Decision on when to start tapering depends on economic outlook, and program could still be extended beyond current end-date of March 2017 at full pace of EU80B/month.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump victory pushes up spot trading on Thomson Reuters FX platforms
- Hollande not running for Fench Presidency in 2017 - Bloomberg (FXE)
- Fed's Kaplan sees rate hikes ahead, and no recession
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!