U.S. rate futures trim gains after GDP data
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
A customer checks his U.S. dollar notes in a bank in Cairo, Egypt March 10, 2016. REUTERS/Amr Abdallah Dalsh
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. interest rate futures pared earlier gains on Tuesday as the government's revision on third-quarter economic growth was stronger than forecast, supporting the view the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates in December and beyond.
Federal funds futures implied traders saw a 98 percent chance the U.S. central bank would raise short-term interest rates by a quarter point to 0.50-0.75 percent at its Dec. 13-14 meeting, compared with a 94 percent chance late on Monday, according to CME Group's FedWatch program.
(Reporting by Richard Leong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT) volatility increases as rates move higher
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Halted on LUDP Following 196% Surge
- UPDATE: Natural Gas Inventory -42 bcf vs -43 bcf Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Reuters, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!