U.S. rate futures trim gains after GDP data
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
A customer checks his U.S. dollar notes in a bank in Cairo, Egypt March 10, 2016. REUTERS/Amr Abdallah Dalsh
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. interest rate futures pared earlier gains on Tuesday as the government's revision on third-quarter economic growth was stronger than forecast, supporting the view the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates in December and beyond.
Federal funds futures implied traders saw a 98 percent chance the U.S. central bank would raise short-term interest rates by a quarter point to 0.50-0.75 percent at its Dec. 13-14 meeting, compared with a 94 percent chance late on Monday, according to CME Group's FedWatch program.
(Reporting by Richard Leong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bond funds see biggest inflows in three months: BAML
- Stocks with call price movement; USO AMZN
- ADM shakes up global commodities trading business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Reuters, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!