Investors on Edge Ahead of Brainard's Speech
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Investors were on edge ahead of key speech from Fed Governor Lael Brinard at 1:15 pm. Chatter continues to suggest that the speech may include hawkish undertones. Despite these concerns, many investors have trimmed hawkish bets since Friday. They also trimmed bets despite comments earlier from Atlanta Fed Bank President Dennis Lockhart, who said "serious discussion" was warranted.
According to Reuters, Fed Governor Lael Brainard's speech will be scrutinized to see if she maintains her dovish stance on rates or takes a more aggressive posture.
Bloomberg's WIRP function predicts a 28% probability of a hike in September. This is down slightly since late Friday.
The Fed's next policy-setting meeting is on Sept. 20-21.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Beige Book Says Job Market Tight; Outlooks Mostly Positive
- Coach (COH), Burberry Not in Active Merger Talks - Reuters
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) Shares Pop Higher Amid Chatter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDennis Lockhart
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!