Investors on Edge Ahead of Brainard's Speech
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Investors were on edge ahead of key speech from Fed Governor Lael Brinard at 1:15 pm. Chatter continues to suggest that the speech may include hawkish undertones. Despite these concerns, many investors have trimmed hawkish bets since Friday. They also trimmed bets despite comments earlier from Atlanta Fed Bank President Dennis Lockhart, who said "serious discussion" was warranted.
According to Reuters, Fed Governor Lael Brainard's speech will be scrutinized to see if she maintains her dovish stance on rates or takes a more aggressive posture.
Bloomberg's WIRP function predicts a 28% probability of a hike in September. This is down slightly since late Friday.
The Fed's next policy-setting meeting is on Sept. 20-21.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Consumer Confidence Index (Aug) 98.6 vs 101.5 Expected
- NYSE Arca options declares self-help and has suspended routing to NYSE Amex Options
- Silicon Labs (SLAB) Climbs on Speculation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDennis Lockhart
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!