Investors on Edge Ahead of Brainard's Speech
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Investors were on edge ahead of key speech from Fed Governor Lael Brinard at 1:15 pm. Chatter continues to suggest that the speech may include hawkish undertones. Despite these concerns, many investors have trimmed hawkish bets since Friday. They also trimmed bets despite comments earlier from Atlanta Fed Bank President Dennis Lockhart, who said "serious discussion" was warranted.
According to Reuters, Fed Governor Lael Brainard's speech will be scrutinized to see if she maintains her dovish stance on rates or takes a more aggressive posture.
Bloomberg's WIRP function predicts a 28% probability of a hike in September. This is down slightly since late Friday.
The Fed's next policy-setting meeting is on Sept. 20-21.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rubicon Project (RUBI) to Explore Strategic Options, Including Sale - DJ
- Comerica (CMA) volatility flat as shares near record all time high into Q4 and outlook
- Bond funds see biggest inflows in three months: BAML
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDennis Lockhart
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!