Fischer says Fed 'very close' to goals for U.S. jobs, inflation
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer attends a televised interview during the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's annual Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming August 28, 2015. REUTERS/Jonathan Crosby
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve is very close to its U.S. employment and inflation targets, the Fed's vice chair said on Monday, adding he is therefore "not enthusiastic" about raising the price-level target in an attempt to spur economic growth.
"We are very close to our targets" of full employment and 2-percent inflation, said Stanley Fischer. "So we're not in deep trouble with monetary policy at the moment," he responded when asked about the concept of raising the Fed's inflation target.
(Reporting by Jonathan Spicer and Richard Leong; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Beige Book Says Job Market Tight; Outlooks Mostly Positive
- Fed 'very close' to employment, inflation goals: Fischer
- Euro zone economy to improve, but there are risks: ECB's Draghi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!