Fed's Mester: Makes sense for U.S. to start raising rates - CNBC
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Cleveland Fed President Loretta Mester takes part in a panel convened to speak about the health of the U.S. economy in New York November 18, 2015. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve should hike rates again so as not to fall behind in a strengthening economy, Cleveland Fed President Loretta Mester said on Friday.
"I see a gradual upward pace in interest rates as being appropriate," Mester said in a television interview with CNBC from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. "That doesn't mean we are behind the curve now but I do think that it makes sense to be starting to move interest rates up on that gradual path."
The world's top central bankers are meeting at Jackson Hole this week for an economics conference.
(Reporting by Lindsay Dunsmuir in Washington; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed's Yellen says she's upbeat about short-term economic outlook
- Bond funds see biggest inflows in three months: BAML
- Retail Sales Advance (MoM) 0.6% vs 0.7% Expected; Ex Auto 0.2% vs 0.5%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!