Fed's George says U.S. labor market is roughly at full strength
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. labor market could already be at full strength, Kansas City Federal Reserve President Esther George said on Wednesday.
"I believe we are at or near full employment," George told lawmakers in the House of Representatives at a hearing on the Fed's effectiveness and governance structure.
(Reporting by Jason Lange; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Beige Book Says Job Market Tight; Outlooks Mostly Positive
- Regulators taking another look at costs of Wall Street safety rule
- Draghi says an abrupt end to QE is unlikey
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Reuters
Related EntitiesEsther George
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!