Fed's Fischer says jobs number close to Goldilocks ideal
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer attends a televised interview during the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's annual Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming August 28, 2015. REUTERS/Jonathan Crosby
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Friday's jobs number was close to an ideal "Goldilocks" reading that showed the economy motoring ahead but not too fast to pose risks, Federal Reserve vice chair Stanley Fischer said on Friday.
"It's pretty close," Fischer said. The rate of job growth "is fully consistent with keeping unemployment declining" with a fixed labor force participation rate.
(Reporting by Howard Schneider)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GDP (3Q A) QoQ 2.9% vs 2.6% Expected
- Fed says sees stable markets in annual statement on capital
- Durable Goods (Sept P) -0.1% vs 0.0% Expected; Ex-Trans 0.2 vs 0.2%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!