Fed's Fischer says jobs number close to Goldilocks ideal
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer attends a televised interview during the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's annual Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming August 28, 2015. REUTERS/Jonathan Crosby
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Friday's jobs number was close to an ideal "Goldilocks" reading that showed the economy motoring ahead but not too fast to pose risks, Federal Reserve vice chair Stanley Fischer said on Friday.
"It's pretty close," Fischer said. The rate of job growth "is fully consistent with keeping unemployment declining" with a fixed labor force participation rate.
(Reporting by Howard Schneider)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Durable Goods (Oct. F) 4.6% vs 3.4% Expected; Ex-Trans 0.8% vs 0.5%
- Oct. Trade Balance -$42.6B vs -$42B Expected
- Exclusive: Italy preparing to take controlling stake in Monte dei Paschi - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!