Fed's Bullard says not committed on rate increase timing
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ST. LOUIS (Reuters) - St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank president James Bullard said he does not put much importance on when the Fed next raises interest rates, but prefer it come after positive news and in particular evidence that economic growth is rebounding from its weak start this year.
"I think you would want to see at least modest rebound in growth or be confident that one was coming," Bullard said. "I like to move on good news."
(Reporting by Howard Schneider; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Beige Book Says Job Market Tight; Outlooks Mostly Positive
- Lithuania goes to polls with center-right opposition set to win power
- Hungary's Orban rejects 'Sovietization' by Brussels, defends nation state
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Reuters
Related EntitiesJames Bullard
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!