Fed's Bullard says not committed on rate increase timing
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ST. LOUIS (Reuters) - St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank president James Bullard said he does not put much importance on when the Fed next raises interest rates, but prefer it come after positive news and in particular evidence that economic growth is rebounding from its weak start this year.
"I think you would want to see at least modest rebound in growth or be confident that one was coming," Bullard said. "I like to move on good news."
(Reporting by Howard Schneider; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Initial Jobless Claims 258K vs 255K Expected
- Brazil's Temer to call Trump as country seeks business openings
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Reuters
Related EntitiesJames Bullard
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!