Fed's Bullard: Would be surprise if Fed didn't hike rates in December
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
St. Louis Fed President James Bullard speaks about the U.S. economy during an interview in New York February 26, 2015. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - It would need a surprise for the Federal Reserve not to raise U.S. interest rates next month, one of the central bank's policymakers, James Bullard, said on Wednesday.
"You would have to have a surprise at this point," for the Fed not to increase rates, Bullard told reporters at a UBS banking conference in London.
He said the only reason to hold off would be the kind of big shocks that caused it to pull back in the past, such as widespread global market volatility or bad U.S. jobs data.
(Reporting by Marc Jones; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ECB Leaves Rates Unchanged; Provides Update on Asset Purchases
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Reuters
Related EntitiesUBS, James Bullard
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!