Euro zone economy to improve, but there are risks: ECB's Draghi
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank, addresses the Economic Club of New York at a luncheon in the Manhattan borough of New York December 4, 2015. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - The euro zone economy should continue to improve slowly, European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said on Thursday, with inflation creeping up in the coming months.
But the risks are to the downside, he said, meaning performance is more likely to be worse than better.
Draghi said it was mainly economic events outside the euro zone that would affect the economy.
"The economic recovery in the euro area is expected to be dampened by subdued foreign demand," he told a news conference following the ECB's decision to leave monetary policy unchanged.
"We will continue to act, if warranted by using all the instruments available in our mandate," he said.
(Written by Jeremy Gaunt; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ECB Leaves Rates Unchanged; Provides Update on Asset Purchases
- Euro slips from three-week highs, ECB meeting in focus
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Reuters
Related EntitiesEuropean Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!