ECB and Fed can respond to any shock from Trump win: Jazbec
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Bostjan Jazbec, Slovenia's central bank governor, speaks during an interview in Ljubljana December 13, 2013. REUTERS/Srdjan Zivulovic/File photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BRDO PRI KRANJU, Slovenia (Reuters) - The European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve can respond to any economic shock stemming from Donald Trump's surprise election as U.S. president, ECB rate setter Bostjan Jazbec said on Wednesday.
"I believe the U.S. central bank and the ECB are able to suitably respond to any possible shocks following the U.S. elections," the Slovenian governor said when asked how the vote would influence the global growth outlook.
(Reporting By Marja Novak; Writing by Francesco Canepa; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ECB to hold steady, Trump takes office
- Dollar limps to worst week in two months, sterling stays shaky
- U.S. retail sales boosted by auto demand; producer prices climb
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, Forex, Reuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, European Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!