40% Chance of QE3 - Analyst
- Market Wrap: GM Unloads Peugeot; lululemon Sags on Thin Outlook; Hilton is Open for Trading
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/12: (CNDO) (TXI) (ADBE) Higher; (APC) (RH) (XOMA) Lower (more...)
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
- Microsoft (MSFT) Said to Consider Qualcomm's Steve Mollenkopf for CEO
- Fidelity, Silicon Valley VCs Want You to Open Your Wallet to Bitcoin
Strategist Eric Green of TD thinks there is a 40 percent chance that the Fed will deliver on so-called QE3. The recent step to extend Operation Twist is a step in that direction, although not everyone agrees. More QE would be concentrated on mortgage backed securities and would only have a modest effect. Short term flattening momentum is not likely to continue, and longer-term rates could end the year higher than current levels, notes Green.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: FBR Capital Starts Proofpoint (PFPT) to Outperform, $37 PT
- Higher Expenses Killing Costco Wholesale (COST) - Jefferies
- UPDATE: Baird Starts Schlumberger (SLB) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Fed
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!