2% Inflation 'Most Consistent' Over Long Run; 11 of 17 Fed Officials Sees Main Rate Above 0.25% in 2014
- Top 10 News for 4/25 - 4/29: Merger Madness!; Valeant Hies New Boss; Icahn's Exit of Apple Could be Telling Sign
- Wall Street falls as earnings weigh; Dow, S&P up for month
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 49c; Issues Q2 Outlook
- Exclusive: Yahoo's bidder shortlist points to cash deal -sources
- Yen posts biggest weekly gain since 2008, stocks slip
Fed 2012 growth estimate lowered from 2.5-2.9% in November to 2.2-2.7%, 2% inflation "most consistent" in long run with mandate. 11 of 17 Fed officials see main rate above 0.25% in 2014. 6 of 17 officials see no rate increase before 2015.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. longer-dated bonds rally as Fed keeps option on June hike
- SpaceX targets 2018 for first Mars mission
- Sanders says to lay off hundreds of campaign workers: NY Times
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, General News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!