2% Inflation 'Most Consistent' Over Long Run; 11 of 17 Fed Officials Sees Main Rate Above 0.25% in 2014
- U.S. GDP Fell 0.7% in Q1 Amid Weaker Goods Exports, Business Investment - 2nd Est.
- Equinix (EQIX) to Acquire TelecityGroup in $3.6B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 05/29: (TBIO) (HRTX) (NQ) Higher; (FRO) (SPLK) (CYBR) Lower (more...)
- Intel (INTC) Said Near $15B Offer for Altera (ALTR)
- Avago Technologies (AVGO) PT Raised to $180 at Brean Capital
Fed 2012 growth estimate lowered from 2.5-2.9% in November to 2.2-2.7%, 2% inflation "most consistent" in long run with mandate. 11 of 17 Fed officials see main rate above 0.25% in 2014. 6 of 17 officials see no rate increase before 2015.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. to rescind Cuba's designation as state sponsor of terror - Bloomberg
- Many Fed Officials saw June Rate Rise as Unlikely - FOMC Minutes
- UPDATE: Fischer Says Fed Could Slow Rate Increased if Global Growth Falters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, General News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!