2% Inflation 'Most Consistent' Over Long Run; 11 of 17 Fed Officials Sees Main Rate Above 0.25% in 2014
- Top 10 News for 8/22 - 8/26: Yellen Hints at Hike; Muddy Waters Picks New Target; Pfizer, Medivation/Pfizer Make it Official
- Carl Icahn Bought 2.3M Herbalife (HLF) Shares Today, Rips Bill Ackman
- Janet Yellen Jackson Hole Speech; Rate Hike Case has Strengthened
- Wall Street slips in wake of comments by top Fed officials
- Apollo Global to Acquire Rackspace (RAX) in $4.3B Deal
Fed 2012 growth estimate lowered from 2.5-2.9% in November to 2.2-2.7%, 2% inflation "most consistent" in long run with mandate. 11 of 17 Fed officials see main rate above 0.25% in 2014. 6 of 17 officials see no rate increase before 2015.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kaplan says case 'strengthening' for Fed rate hike: CNBC
- Fed should hike rates gradually, George says in Jackson Hole
- Fed's Yellen sees stronger case for interest rate hike
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, General News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!