2% Inflation 'Most Consistent' Over Long Run; 11 of 17 Fed Officials Sees Main Rate Above 0.25% in 2014
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
Fed 2012 growth estimate lowered from 2.5-2.9% in November to 2.2-2.7%, 2% inflation "most consistent" in long run with mandate. 11 of 17 Fed officials see main rate above 0.25% in 2014. 6 of 17 officials see no rate increase before 2015.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Fed Says Economic Growth 'Increased in Most Regions' of U.S.
- China GDP Grew 7.4% in Q1; More Growth Stabilization Expected (FXI)
- UPDATE: Crude Inventory 10M Barrels vs 1.2M Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed, General News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!