Sanofi, KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (KBIO) Granted FDA Fast Track Status for KB001A
- Time Warner Cable (TWC) Misses Q3 EPS by 5c
- Apple (AAPL) CEO Cook: 'I'm Proud to Be Gay'
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/29: (PDII) (LAKE) (TTWO) (V) Higher; (GLUU) (AFOP) (WTW) (TRLA) Lower (more...)
- MasterCard (MA) Tops Q3 EPS Views
- Apple (AAPL) Smartphone Shipments Rose 16.1% in Q3; Xiaomi Breaks into Top Five - IDC (GOOG) (MSFT)
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi (NYSE: SNY), and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KBIO) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to Sanofi Pasteur for the investigation of KB001A, an antibody fragment, intended for protection against bacterial pneumonia caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) in mechanically-ventilated patients. The Fast Track Drug Development Program of the FDA is designed to facilitate the clinical development and expedite the review of new drugs and vaccines that are intended to treat or prevent serious or life-threatening conditions and demonstrate the potential to address unmet medical needs. The joint announcement was made on this second day of the BIO International Convention, the 20th annual meeting of the world's largest biotechnology organization.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Unveils 3D Printing System
- GW Pharma (GWPH) Commences Phase 2/3 Trial of Epidiolex
- Immunomedics (IMMU) Issues Encouraging Update on IMMU-132
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!