Sanofi, KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (KBIO) Granted FDA Fast Track Status for KB001A
- Market Wrap: FOMC Hints at Rate Hike by YE15; Trian Sees Value in DuPoint; Builders More Confident in Sept.
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/17: (HNSN) (UNFI) (CLC) Higher; (FLXN) (NEWM) (FANG) Lower (more...)
- FOMC Cuts Bond Buying to $15B, Keeps 'Considerable Time' Language ; Issues Projections, Sees Fed Funds Rate of 1.375% at the of 2015
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c; Refines Financial Model; Guides FY15 EPS
- Dresser-Rand Group (DRC), Sulzer Said to Be in Merger Talks
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi (NYSE: SNY), and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KBIO) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to Sanofi Pasteur for the investigation of KB001A, an antibody fragment, intended for protection against bacterial pneumonia caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) in mechanically-ventilated patients. The Fast Track Drug Development Program of the FDA is designed to facilitate the clinical development and expedite the review of new drugs and vaccines that are intended to treat or prevent serious or life-threatening conditions and demonstrate the potential to address unmet medical needs. The joint announcement was made on this second day of the BIO International Convention, the 20th annual meeting of the world's largest biotechnology organization.
You May Also Be Interested In
- DepoMed (DEPO) Updates on Ongoing Gralise Litigation vs. HHS (ACT)
- OXiGENE (OXGN) Enrolls First Patient in Fosbretabulin Monotherapy Phase 2
- Prosensa (RNA) Says Drisapersen Re-Dosing Has Commenced in North America
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!