Sanofi, KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (KBIO) Granted FDA Fast Track Status for KB001A
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi (NYSE: SNY), and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KBIO) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to Sanofi Pasteur for the investigation of KB001A, an antibody fragment, intended for protection against bacterial pneumonia caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) in mechanically-ventilated patients. The Fast Track Drug Development Program of the FDA is designed to facilitate the clinical development and expedite the review of new drugs and vaccines that are intended to treat or prevent serious or life-threatening conditions and demonstrate the potential to address unmet medical needs. The joint announcement was made on this second day of the BIO International Convention, the 20th annual meeting of the world's largest biotechnology organization.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Avago Tech (AVGO) Active Following Patent Case Ruling
- UPDATE: MoneyGram (MGI), XOOM (XOOM) on Watch After Wal-Mart Signs New Money Transfer Agreement
- Hawaiian Airlines (HA) Enters Code Share Agreement With Air China
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!