Sanofi, KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (KBIO) Granted FDA Fast Track Status for KB001A
- Market Wrap: Revised Q2 GDP Ramps Higher; Telecom Italia Makes Run at Vivendi's GVT; Apple Affirms Sept. Event
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/28: (UEPS) (VEEV) (SPLK) Higher; (ZOES) Lower (more...)
- Personal Consumption, Private Investment Boost Revised Q2 GDP Results (SPY) (DIA) (QQQ)
- Omnivision (OVTI) Tops Q1 EPS by 39c; Issues Confident Q2 Outlook
- Markets Nervous as Russia/Ukraine War Games Heat Up
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi (NYSE: SNY), and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KBIO) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to Sanofi Pasteur for the investigation of KB001A, an antibody fragment, intended for protection against bacterial pneumonia caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) in mechanically-ventilated patients. The Fast Track Drug Development Program of the FDA is designed to facilitate the clinical development and expedite the review of new drugs and vaccines that are intended to treat or prevent serious or life-threatening conditions and demonstrate the potential to address unmet medical needs. The joint announcement was made on this second day of the BIO International Convention, the 20th annual meeting of the world's largest biotechnology organization.
You May Also Be Interested In
- iBio (IBIO) Receives NoA in Europe for Two Patents Covering Novel Protein Expression Technologies
- Momenta Phama (MNTA) COPAXONE ANDA Accepted for Review by FDA
- Lentuo (LAS), Bitauto Holdings (BITA), and Youxinpai Sign JV Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!