Sanofi, KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (KBIO) Granted FDA Fast Track Status for KB001A
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Misses Q1 EPS by 7c; adj.-Comps Up 5%
- Pope Francis Named TIME's 2013 Person of the Year
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi (NYSE: SNY), and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KBIO) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to Sanofi Pasteur for the investigation of KB001A, an antibody fragment, intended for protection against bacterial pneumonia caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) in mechanically-ventilated patients. The Fast Track Drug Development Program of the FDA is designed to facilitate the clinical development and expedite the review of new drugs and vaccines that are intended to treat or prevent serious or life-threatening conditions and demonstrate the potential to address unmet medical needs. The joint announcement was made on this second day of the BIO International Convention, the 20th annual meeting of the world's largest biotechnology organization.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Actavis (ACT) Units Enters Settlement Over Generic Asacol HD
- Orexigen (OREX) Announces Resubmission of Contrave NDA to U.S. FDA
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC) Gives Ibrutinib Data in B-Cell Malignancies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!