Sanofi, KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (KBIO) Granted FDA Fast Track Status for KB001A
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 3/7: (SKUL) (BIG) (GTAT) Higher; (NVTL) (ALSK) (VNEM) Lower (more...)
- Cerberus to Acquire Safeway (SWY) for $40/Share
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c; Guides Q1 Profit Below Consensus
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi (NYSE: SNY), and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KBIO) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to Sanofi Pasteur for the investigation of KB001A, an antibody fragment, intended for protection against bacterial pneumonia caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) in mechanically-ventilated patients. The Fast Track Drug Development Program of the FDA is designed to facilitate the clinical development and expedite the review of new drugs and vaccines that are intended to treat or prevent serious or life-threatening conditions and demonstrate the potential to address unmet medical needs. The joint announcement was made on this second day of the BIO International Convention, the 20th annual meeting of the world's largest biotechnology organization.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Incyte (INCY) Reports Ruxolitinib Met Primary Endpoint in Phase III for Polycythemia Vera
- FuelCell (FCEL) Receives $2.8M Continuation of U.S. DoE Award for DFC Plant Capabilities
- Microsoft (MSFT) Releases 2013 Law Enforcement Requests Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!