S&P Global (SPGI) Acquires Controlling Stake in Trucost plc
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Dow Jones Indices (NASDAQ: SPGI) has acquired a controlling stake in Trucost plc, a leader in carbon and environmental data and risk analysis, effective October 1, 2016, through its subsidiary S&P Global Indices UK Limited.
The acquisition will build on S&P DJI's and S&P Global's current portfolio of Environmental, Social and Governance ('ESG') solutions, well-positioning the combined entity to satisfy growing market demand through new product development and the enhancements of Trucost's existing capabilities, including the provision of environmental data via the EBoard platform and portfolio carbon footprinting.
Alex Matturri, CEO of S&P Dow Jones Indices said: "The demand for ESG data and indices is growing. This transaction strengthens the long-standing relationship between S&P Dow Jones Indices and Trucost, providing a strategic opportunity for us to create considerable value for sustainability-focused market participants. The complementary nature of our two businesses allows us to combine Trucost's industry leading environmental impact data and risk metrics with our global footprint and world-class benchmarking capabilities to develop new ESG solutions."
Dr Richard Mattison, CEO of Trucost Plc said: "Trucost has been a pioneer in providing investment grade carbon and environmental data to investors, companies and governments since 2000. By combining Trucost's over 15 years of data and expertise with S&P Dow Jones Indices' global reach and market leading services a powerful ESG platform is created, delivering insight to capital markets and companies. Never has it been more important to integrate ESG data into decision making and our analytical capabilities will allow investors, business leaders and policy makers build a more sustainable global economy."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Wells Specialty Pharmacy Announces the Merger of Its Acquisitions and the Appointment of a New President
- eTargetMedia Releases 2017 Email Marketing Trends Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!