S&P Global (SPGI) Acquires Controlling Stake in Trucost plc
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Dow Jones Indices (NASDAQ: SPGI) has acquired a controlling stake in Trucost plc, a leader in carbon and environmental data and risk analysis, effective October 1, 2016, through its subsidiary S&P Global Indices UK Limited.
The acquisition will build on S&P DJI's and S&P Global's current portfolio of Environmental, Social and Governance ('ESG') solutions, well-positioning the combined entity to satisfy growing market demand through new product development and the enhancements of Trucost's existing capabilities, including the provision of environmental data via the EBoard platform and portfolio carbon footprinting.
Alex Matturri, CEO of S&P Dow Jones Indices said: "The demand for ESG data and indices is growing. This transaction strengthens the long-standing relationship between S&P Dow Jones Indices and Trucost, providing a strategic opportunity for us to create considerable value for sustainability-focused market participants. The complementary nature of our two businesses allows us to combine Trucost's industry leading environmental impact data and risk metrics with our global footprint and world-class benchmarking capabilities to develop new ESG solutions."
Dr Richard Mattison, CEO of Trucost Plc said: "Trucost has been a pioneer in providing investment grade carbon and environmental data to investors, companies and governments since 2000. By combining Trucost's over 15 years of data and expertise with S&P Dow Jones Indices' global reach and market leading services a powerful ESG platform is created, delivering insight to capital markets and companies. Never has it been more important to integrate ESG data into decision making and our analytical capabilities will allow investors, business leaders and policy makers build a more sustainable global economy."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- A.M. Best Assigns Issue Credit Ratings to The Allstate Corporation’s Senior Notes; Comments on Credit Ratings of Members of Allstate Insurance Group
- Royal Dutch Shell plc Third Quarter 2016 Euro and GBP Equivalent Dividend Payments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!