Pharmacyclics, Inc. (PCYC) Files sNDA for IMBRUVICA
- Market Wrap: Job Gains = Rate Hikes, FOMC Says; Icahn Makes it 'Hertz' So Good; Int'l Rectifier Draws Buyer
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/20: (SMTC) (SBH) Higher; (KIN) (PRCP) (HPQ) Lower (more...)
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Reports In-Line; Issues In-Line Q4 EPS Outlook
- Many Fed Officials Said Job Gains Might Bring Rate Rise Sooner; Labor Market Still Far from Normal
- Icahn Files 13D on Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ); Seeks Talks with Management
Pharmacyclics, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCYC) announced that it has submitted a supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), based on data from the randomized, multi-center, open-label Phase III RESONATETM study, PCYC-1112, a head-to-head comparison of single agent IMBRUVICATM (ibrutinib) versus ofatumumab in 391 patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) or small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL), who had received at least one prior therapy. IMBRUVICA is being jointly developed and commercialized by Pharmacyclics and Janssen Biotech, Inc.
At a planned interim analysis in January 2014, the results of the RESONATE study demonstrated a statistically significant improvement in progression-free survival, the primary endpoint of the study, in patients treated with IMBRUVICA. Further, patients in the IMBRUVICA arm also showed a statistically significant improvement in overall survival, a key secondary endpoint of the trial. The safety profile of IMBRUVICA was acceptable and showed a favorable risk benefit profile. Data from this study will be discussed in a presentation at the 50th annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology in Chicago, May 30 – June 3, 2014.
You May Also Be Interested In
- NovaBay Pharma (NBY) Reports NVC-422 Missed Endpoints in Phase 2
- Noranda Aluminum (NOR) Reports Missouri Public Service Has Denied Request for a Lower Electricity Rate
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) Receives FDA Approval of Arnuity Ellipta as Asthma Maintenance Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!