Merck (MRK) Surges After Bristol-Myers Squibb's (BMY) CheckMate -026 Trial Fails
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Shares of Merck (NYSE: MRK) surged pre-market Friday after Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY) released disappointing results from CheckMate -026, phase 3 study of Opdivo for treatment of patients with NSCLC.
The study showed Opdivo did not meet trial primary endpoint of progression-free survival in patients expressing PD-L1 ≥ 5%.
Gains were also seen in shares of competitors AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) and Roche.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- Twitter (TWTR) Shares Continue Rising, Break Above $18
- Microsoft (MSFT) volatility adjusts to better than expected Q1 results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!