Merck (MRK) Surges After Bristol-Myers Squibb's (BMY) CheckMate -026 Trial Fails
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of Merck (NYSE: MRK) surged pre-market Friday after Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY) released disappointing results from CheckMate -026, phase 3 study of Opdivo for treatment of patients with NSCLC.
The study showed Opdivo did not meet trial primary endpoint of progression-free survival in patients expressing PD-L1 ≥ 5%.
Gains were also seen in shares of competitors AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) and Roche.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- Chimerix (CMRX) on Watch as Merck's (MRK) Letermovir Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint n CMV Prevention
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!